The DC Taxicab Commission advises all local public vehicles-for-hire that the rules governing service will be strictly enforced during the upcoming Washington Nationals home playoff games. Additional Hack Inspectors, Metropolitan Police Officers and directional signage will be in place to facilitate the expected increased volume in traffic and maintain safety among the sold out crowds during these baseball playoffs. The first game is scheduled for Wednesday, October 10, 2012.
- Taxicab drop-offs are restricted to both sides of Van Street SE which is located south of M Street, SE. No taxicabs are allowed to stop on M Street, SE or South Capitol Street. No cruising south of M Street, SE will be allowed.
- Taxicab pick-ups are restricted to the designated taxi stand manned by starters. The line will form on the north side of the unit block of M Street, SE extending east. No taxicabs are allowed to pick-up on the south side of M Street, SE, Half Street, SE or Potomac Avenue, SE.
- Limousines will only be allowed to drop-off and pick-up on Potomac Avenue, SW. Signage will direct vehicles where to go. Access from South Capitol Street can only be made by making a right turn while traveling southbound. There is no access to Potomac Avenue, SW if traveling northbound on South Capitol Street. Limousines will be required to wait either west of South Capitol Street or north of M Street, SE in legally-designated parking areas. No cruising will be allowed.
- DDOT advises the following routes are taken when departing from Potomac Avenue, SW and the area surrounding the stadium area. Vehicles west of South Capitol Street should proceed north on 2nd Street, SW or east on Potomac Avenue, SW. Vehicles north of M Street should proceed West on M Street SE/SW; south on 4th Street, SW; east on P Street, SW; south on Canal Street, SW; or east on Potomac Avenue, SW to avoid residential areas.
- The additional charge of $1.00 for additional passengers has been rescinded. DC Taxicabs are NOT authorized to charge an additional fare for each additional passenger after the first passenger on any day.