(Washington, DC) The District of Columbia Department of Transportation (DDOT) will temporarily close L Street between 18th and 24th Streets, NW, over four-to-five nights starting on Monday, December 13, 2004, for repaving. While the street will be closed to eastbound traffic, north-south traffic will be allowed as work permits.
DDOT has worked with the Golden Triangle BID to notify nearby business and building tenants of the impeding work. The traffic impacts will be minimized by:
- Conducting the work at night, from 9 pm to 6 am
- Enforcing, including towing, of the posted parking restrictions and detours
- Deploying Variable Message Signs (VMS) to alert drivers of the upcoming construction
- Facilitating traffic with flaggers at major intersections
- Allowing ingress and egress to parking garages
The repaving will be the final restoration of a series of utility street cuts; rainy weather delayed the original work-schedule.