Media Contact: John Lisle (DDOT) at (202) 671-2004
(Washington, DC) — The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will host a final meeting Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 6 pm at Union Station in the Columbus Club to present the recommendations of the Union Station Intermodal Transit Center Feasibility Study.
The Union Station ITC Feasibility Study is a DDOT study designed to analyze the feasibility and impact of creating enhanced access to multiple modes of transportation at Union Station and the surrounding transportation network. The study focused feasibility reports/products on the following areas:
- Baseline Transportation Improvement Studies
- New Rail Passenger Concourse
- Upgraded Amtrak passenger concourse
- Improved Emergency Access & Egress
- Improvements to the Existing Rail Concourse
- Tour Bus & Commuter Parking Accommodations
- Streetcar Integration
- Pedestrian Tunnel from Union Station to 1st Street, NE
- New Metrorail Entrance from the H Street Bridge
- Baseline Environmental Requirements Study
Upon completion of the feasibility study, DDOT will determine if further analysis is necessary and/or plan for the phased implementation of the study's recommendations.
For more information on the study or community meetings please visit: www.ddot.dc.gov/unionstation or call (202) 409-2201.