Media Contacts: John Lisle at (202) 671-2004
(Washington, DC) — The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) would like to remind residents there are 15 more days left to comment on the K Street Environmental Assessment (EA). Comments are due by October 30, 2009 on the K Street EA that was released for public comments on September 29, 2009. Earlier notifications were sent on September 28, 2009.
DDOT and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) have prepared this EA in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
The study area for this EA is located along K Street, NW, between 7th and 24th Streets. The project involves the reconfiguration of K Street to accommodate an exclusive transitway within the existing DDOT right-of-way.
Copies of the EA are available for public viewing until October 30, 2009 at:
- West End Branch Library, 1101 24th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037
- Downtown BID Office, 1250 H Street, NW, #1000, Washington, DC 20005
- Golden Triangle BID Office, 1120 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 260, Washington, DC 20036
- DOT Offices, TPPA, 2000 14th Street, NW, 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20009
- FHWA Office, 1990 K Street, NW, Washington DC
The EA is also available on the project website: www.ddot.dc.gov/kstreetEA
Comments may be submitted:
- Via e-mail to: KStreet.Comments@dc.gov
- By mail to:
District Department of Transportation
TPPA, 2000 14th Street, NW, 7th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
- By fax: (202) 671-0617
For more information please contact:
- Faisal Hameed, DDOT Project Manager at (202) 671-2326.