Contact (Media Only): Erik Linden (202) 438-7719 and Karyn LeBlanc (202) 497-4572
(Washington, DC) As part of the ongoing improvement project at Foxhall Road, NW, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will close Foxhall Road to through traffic from Reservoir Road to Nebraska Avenue on Saturday, September 29, 2007 from 7 am to 7 pm—weather permitting.
Limited local access will be permitted between Reservoir Road and Nebraska Avenue, NW.
- Northbound traffic on Foxhall Road towards Nebraska Avenue will be detoured via Reservoir Road and MacArthur Boulevard and Arizona Avenue.
- Southbound traffic on Foxhall Road toward Reservoir Road will be detoured via Arizona Avenue and Macarthur Boulevard.
Detour signs will be placed along the roadsides advising motorists of the detour route. If all the work not completed on September 29, 2007, DDOT will continue this operation on the following Saturday, October 6, 2007.
Letters of notice have been sent to affected residents on Foxhall Road.
The project consists of $4 million in streetscape upgrades and road construction on Foxhall Road between Nebraska Avenue and Canal Road, NW. Construction is expected to be completed by June 2008.
The project will include the following improvements:
- The intersection at Reservoir Road will be widened and a left-turn-only lane from eastbound Reservoir Road to northbound Foxhall Road will be added.
- Unsafe and deteriorating sections of curbs and gutters, sidewalks, wheelchair ramps, pavement markings and traffic signs will be replaced.
- A new retaining wall will be constructed at the northeast quadrant of the Foxhall Road intersection at Reservoir Road.
- New traffic signals and street lighting will be installed at Reservoir Road and Foxhall Road.
- The existing pavement on Foxhall Road from Canal Road to Nebraska Avenue will be milled and completely resurfaced.