Media Contact: Erik Linden @ DDOT, 202-671-2004
(Washington, DC) Motorists and residents be advised that Foxhall Road will be closed to traffic between Macarthur Boulevard and Reservoir Road, NW, on Thursday November 29, 2007 from 9.30 am to 7 pm, weather permitting.
The closure is for roadway paving on Foxhall Road between Macarthur Blvd and Greenwich Parkway.
- Northbound traffic on Foxhall Road will be detoured to Macarthur Blvd to Reservoir back to Foxhall Road.
- Southbound Foxhall Road traffic will be remain fully open during the work.
DDOT’s Foxhall Road project is currently proceeding ahead of schedule. The project consists of $4 million in streetscape upgrades and road construction on Foxhall Road between Nebraska Avenue and Canal Road, NW. Construction is expected to be completed by June 2008.
The project will include the following improvements:
- The intersection at Reservoir Road will be widened and a left-turn-only lane from eastbound Reservoir Road to northbound Foxhall Road will be added.
- Unsafe and deteriorating sections of curbs and gutters, sidewalks, wheelchair ramps, pavement markings and traffic signs will be replaced.
- A new retaining wall will be constructed at the northeast quadrant of the Foxhall Road intersection at Reservoir Road.
- New traffic signals and street lighting will be installed at Reservoir Road and Foxhall Road.
- The existing pavement on Foxhall Road from Canal Road to Nebraska Avenue will be milled and completely resurfaced.