Media Contacts: John Lisle (DDOT), (202) 671-2004, Officer Helen Andrews (MPD), (202) 727-4383
(Washington, DC) Large crowds are expected to celebrate Halloween in Georgetown this weekend and participants are strongly encouraged to take public transportation to avoid delays. Although there are no plans at this time to close major roads including M Street and Wisconsin Avenue, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) and the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) advise residents and visitors there will be parking restrictions and access to many side streets will be restricted.
No-Parking restrictions will be in effect along the following routes from 3 pm on Friday, October 30 to 6 am on Saturday, October 31, and again from 3 pm on Saturday, October 31 to 6 am on Sunday, November 1:
- K Street, NW from 30th Street to Wisconsin Avenue
- Water Street, NW from 33rd Street to the Canal Tow Path
- 1000–1300 Blocks of Wisconsin Avenue, NW
- M Street, NW from 25th Street to the Key Bridge
- 1100 block of 26th Street, NW
The following streets will be closed to through traffic from 6:30 pm on Saturday, October 31 until 4 am on Sunday,
- 1000 block of Grace Street, NW
- 1000 block of Thomas Jefferson Street, NW
- 1000-1500 blocks of 29th Street, NW
- 1000 -1500 blocks of 30th Street, NW
- 1200-1300 blocks of Potomac Street, NW
- 1200-1500 blocks of 27th Street, NW
- 1200-1500 blocks of 28th Street, NW
- 1200-1600 blocks of 33rd Street, NW
- 1200-1700 blocks of 34th Street, NW
- 1500 block of 32nd Street, NW
- 1600-1700 blocks of 35th Street, NW
- 2600-3100 blocks of Dumbarton Street, NW
- 2600-3100 blocks of P Street, NW
- 2600-3600 blocks of O Street, NW
- 2700-3600 blocks of N Street, NW
- 2700 block of Poplar Lane, NW
- 2700-2900 blocks of Olive Street, NW
- 3100 Block of Blues Alley, NW
- 3100 Block of Oak Alley, NW
- 3100 Block of South Street, NW
- 3200-3400 Q Street, NW
- 3200 Block of Cecil Place, NW
- 3200-3600 blocks of Prospect Street, NW
- 3300-3400 blocks of Dent Place, NW
- 3300 blocks of Cady’s Alley, NW
- 900 Block 30th Street, NW
Only residents and employees of businesses within these areas will be granted access. Additional streets may be closed and/or opened at the direction of the 2nd District Commander or his designee. Drivers must present proof of residency or work identification to access the closed streets.
Anyone visiting the area this weekend is strongly encouraged to use public transportation to avoid parking and traffic delays:
- The DC Circulator bus runs every ten minutes between Union Station and Georgetown. Please note, the Circulator will not run on M Street in Georgetown, or on Wisconsin Avenue south of Q Street. Instead, the Circulator buses will run east-west on Q Street and north-south on 22nd and 23rd Streets to connect between Washington Circle and Wisconsin Avenue.
- Metrobus also provides service to Georgetown on the following routes: 31, 32, 36, 38B, D1, D2, D3, D5, D6, and G2. Please note the following detours:
- The 31, 32 and 36 buses will be detoured between Wisconsin Avenue and Washington Circle via Q, 22nd and 23rd Streets.
- The 38B buses will be detoured to K Street via the Whitehurst Freeway.
- The Georgetown Metro Connection provides bus service to and from the Rosslyn Metro Station (Orange and Blue Lines) and the Dupont Circle Metro Station (Red Line)
- Participants can also walk to Georgetown from the Foggy Bottom - GWU Metro Station. From the station exit, go north on 23rd Street to the circle, then west on Pennsylvania Avenue to M Street.