DHCD announces the availability of the “District of Columbia Draft Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for Fiscal Year 2007” (the “CAPER”) for public review and comment. The CAPER provides an assessment of the District’s performance in carrying out its FY 2007 (October 1, 2006-September 30, 2007) Consolidated Annual Action Plan. The FY 2007 Action Plan detailed activities to be carried out by the District under the following federal entitlement programs:
- Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
- Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
- Emergency Shelter Grant Program (ESG), and
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Program (HOPWA)
The CAPER is available for comment until Wednesday, December 12, 2007. A Public Hearing on the CAPER will be held on Tuesday, December 4 at 6:30 pm. at DHCD Headquarters, located at 801 North Capitol Street, NE, in the 9th Floor Board Room. Residents and other stakeholders are encouraged to attend and provide comment. The document can be downloaded below and is also available at for review at DHCD (8th floor).
All comments must be received by close of business Friday, December 14. Comments can be received:
- By telephone by calling Pamela Hillsman-Johnson at (202) 442-7251 (for TDD relay service, call (800) 201-7165)
- In writing by sending comments to: Ms. Leila Finucane Edmonds, Director, Department of Housing and Community Development, Attention: Office of Strategy and Communications, 801 North Capitol Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20002.