The Metropolitan Police Department wishes to inform the public and members of the media about several planned events that will affect traffic around the city this weekend and during the week. There are many street closures associated with these events.
TASTE OF DC
The following roadways will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 8 pm on Friday, October 7 and are scheduled to reopen at 3 am on Tuesday, October 11:
· Pennsylvania Avenue, NW will be closed from 9th Street to 14th Street
· 10th Street, NW will be closed from E Street to Constitution Avenue
· 11th Street, NW will be closed from E Street to Pennsylvania Avenue
· 12th Street, NW will be closed from E Street to Constitution Avenue
· 13th Street, NW will be closed from E Street to Pennsylvania Avenue
For more information about the Taste of DC, please visit the event’s website at www.thetasteofdc.org.
27th Annual Army Miler
This event is scheduled for Sunday, October 9th, 2011. The proceeding streets will be intermittently closed along the race route beginning approximately at 7:30 am and should reopen by 12:00 pm.
The race route is to originate along Washington Boulevard (Route 27) in Arlington, Virginia and progress across the Arlington Memorial Bridge into the District of Columbia. Once in the District of Columbia, runners are to take the following route, prior to its conclusion in Arlington, Virginia:
- Crossing the Arlington Memorial Bridge around Lincoln Circle to Henry Bacon Drive
- East on Constitution Avenue, NW
- North on 19th Street, NW
- West on Virginia Avenue, NW
- South on Rock Creek Parkway, NW to Ohio Drive, SW
- East on Independence Avenue, SW (runners will take the Westbound side)
- Northeast on Maryland Ave SW
- South on 1st Street, NW (crossing Peace Circle and Garfield Circle)
- West on Independence Avenue, SW (runners will stay on the left side)
- South on 14th Street, NW to Interstate 395
This event is scheduled for Sunday, October 9, 2011 from 6:00am to 7:00pm. The following streets will be closed:
3rd Street will be closed at G street NW with no southbound traffic on 3rd Sreet.
F Street will be closed at 4th Street NW with no traffic on F Street.
3rd Street between 1-395 Ramp and G Street NW with no traffic North on 3rd Street.
US Army Convention
This event is scheduled for Monday, October 10th- 12th, 2011, at the Washington Convention Center. The following streets will be closed starting at 6:30 am on October 10th thru 11pm on October 12th:
· L Street between 7th and 9th Streets NW.
The above streets will be closed to motorists. Parking restrictions will be in effect and parking will not be permitted.
Due to the extremely heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.