The Metropolitan Police Department would like to inform the public of that the Race for Hope 5K run/walk is scheduled to be held on Sunday, May 6, 2011. In order to facilitate these events there will be no vehicular traffic allowed along the routes of the race. The race will begin at 9:00 am and end approximately at 11:00 am. Street closings will begin at 5:00 am. All streets affected by this event are expected to be reopened at approximately 11:00 am, depending on prevailing conditions. Motorists should expect delays during the race.
- 13th Street between E Street & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
- Pennsylvania Avenue between 14th & 3rd Streets, NW
- 3rd Street from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to E Street SW
- E Street, SW from 4th to 3rd Streets
- 4th Street from E Street to Independence Ave., SW
- Independence Avenue from 4th to 3rd Streets, SW
- Maryland Avenue from 3rd Street, SW to 1st Street, NW
- 1st Street to Constitution Ave., NW
- Constitution Avenue from 1st Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- Starting at (Freedom Plaza) 13th & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW heading east on Pennsylvania Ave
- South on 3rd Street NW
- West on Independence Avenue, SW
- South on 4th Street, SW
- East on E Street, SW
- North on 3rd Street, SW
- East on Maryland Avenue, SW
- North on 1st Street, NW (Front of Capitol)
- West on Constitution Avenue, NW continuing onto Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- Finishing at (Freedom Plaza) 13th Street & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Note: The surrounding areas and streets leading to this event may be closed or affected starting at 5:00 am thru 11:00 am.
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the D.C. Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.