STREET CLOSINGS FOR THIS WEEKEND’S EVENTS
(Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department would like to inform the public of street closings in conjunction with multiple events that are scheduled to be held this weekend.
Lawyers Have a Heart 10K Race
Lawyers Have a Heart 10K Race is scheduled to be held on Saturday, June 9, 2012. In order to facilitate this event there will be no vehicular traffic allowed along the routes of the race. Street closings will begin at 5:30 am. All streets affected by this event are expected to be reopened at approximately 11:00 am, depending on prevailing conditions.
Street closings beginning at approximately 5:30 am:
· Canal Road, NW from Reservoir Road to Foxhall Road
· K Street from Wisconsin Avenue to 27th Street, NW
· Whitehurst Freeway from K Street to Canal Road, NW
The race will proceed along the following route:
· Race starts under the Whitehurst freeway at 31st & K Streets, NW
· Proceeds east on K Street, NW to 27th Street, NW
· U-turn and continue west on the Whitehurst Freeway
· Merge west on Canal Road, NW
· Continue on Canal Road to reservoir Road, NW
· U-turn and continue east on Canal Road, NW
· Merge east onto the Whitehurst Freeway
· U-turn and continue west on K Street, NW
· West on K Street to the start/finish line
Capital Pride Parade
On Saturday, June 9, 2012, the Capital Pride Parade will be held. This event will begin at 4:30 pm and will conclude at approximately 8:30 pm. Staging area will be closed at 1:00 pm. The street closures will remain in effect until 9:30 pm.
East on P Street from 23rd Street NW
- Clockwise around Dupont Circle
- North on New Hampshire Ave
- East on R Street
- South on 17th Street
- East on P Street
- South on 14th to N Street NW to the disbanding area
25th Street NW between M & N ( Staging Area)
- 24th Street NW between M & N ( Staging Area)
- 23rd Street NW between M & P ( Staging Area)
- N Street NW between 22nd & 25th
- M Street NW between 22nd & 25th
Capital Pride Festival
On Sunday, June 10, 2012, the Capital Pride Festival will be held. This event will begin at 11:00 am. The following street closures will take effect on Saturday, June 9th, 2012 at 7:00 pm.
· 3rd & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW – No traffic West
· 3rd & Constitution Avenue, NW – No traffic West
· 4th & Madison Drive, NW- No traffic North
· 7th & Constitution Avenue, NW – No traffic East
· 7th & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW – No traffic East
· 6th & C Street, NW – No traffic South
National Press Club 5K Race
On Saturday, June 9, 2012, the National Press Club 5K Race will be held. This event is scheduled to begin at 7:00 a.m. and will conclude at 10:00 a.m. In order to facilitate this event the following street closures and parking restrictions will go in effect. No parking will be allowed on the following streets on Saturday, June 11, 2011 from 4:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. with the streets being closed starting at 5:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
F Street NW from 13th to 14th
13th Street NW from Pennsylvania to G St
Pennsylvania Ave NW from 14th to 3rd St
Constitution Ave from 7th to Louisiana Ave NW
Louisiana Avenue from Constitution to D St NW
D Street NW from Louisiana to 1st St NW
Additional information on the National Press Club 5K Race can be found at http://press.org/5k
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the DC Department of Transportation also wishes to remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.