The Metropolitan Police Department announced today the deployment of new photo enforced mobile radar locations beginning July 12, 2010, including several zones designated as work zones. Work zone fines may be doubled.
The deployment locations for the Mobile Radar Units will continue to be at sites with the highest number of crashes and injuries, calls for police service, and high speed volume. MPD also considered recommendations or requests from the Department of Transportation, Advisory Neighborhood Commissions and civic or citizen associations.
The thirty-day educational phase will commence on July 12, 2010, whereas violators will receive warning citations. On August 11, 2010, MPD will begin issuing live moving citations to violators.
The new work zone locations are as follows:
1. I-295 at Eastern Avenue, NE (North)
2. I-295 at Eastern Avenue, NE (South)
The new mobile radar locations are as follows:
1. 3500 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE (North)
2. 3500 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE (South)
3. 1400 Alabama Avenue, SE (East)
4. 1400 Alabama Avenue, SE (West)
5. 5200 Southern Avenue, SE (Southeast direction)
6. 3100 North Capitol Street, NE (North)
7. 295 at Exit 1 SW (Southbound direction)
8. 4100 South Dakota Avenue, NE (North)
9. Suitland Pkwy SE .9m south of Stanton Rd eastbound
10. Suitland Pkwy SE .2m south of Stanton Rd westbound
For more information about automated speed enforcement in the District of Columbia, log onto http://mpdc.dc.gov/automatedenforcement .