The Metropolitan Police Department has announced the deployment of new photo enforced locations beginning on November 21, 2011.
The deployment locations for the Photo Enforcement Units will continue to be at sites with the highest number of crashes and injuries, calls for police service, and high speed volume. MPD also considered recommendations or requests from the Department of Transportation, Advisory Neighborhood Commissions and civic or citizen associations.
The thirty-day educational phase will commence on November 21, 2011, whereas violators will receive warning citations. On December 21, 2011, MPD will begin issuing live moving citations to violators.
The new photo enforcement locations are as follows:
1. 1900 block of Foxhall Road NW, north and south bound directions, 25 mph
2. 2800 block of Calvert Street NW, east bound, 25 mph
3. 2300 block of Connecticut Avenue NW, south bound, 25 mph
4. 100 block of Florida Avenue NW, east and west bound, 25 mph
5. 4200 block of South Capitol SW, south bound, 25 mph
6. 2300 block of Porter Street NW, east and west bound, 30 mph
7. Canal Road NW .3 miles south of Arizona Avenue NW, north and south bound directions, 35 mph
8. DC295 NE at Benning Road overpass, north bound, 45 mph
9. DC295 SW .3 miles south of Exit 1, north bound, 50 mph
For more information about automated speed enforcement in the District of Columbia, log onto http://mpdc.dc.gov/automatedenforcement .