(Washington, DC) - The District has adopted hundreds of initiatives in various citywide and small area plans in recent years with implementation responsibilities shared among various agencies. These initiatives are detailed as action items in the Comprehensive Plan and small area plans. The Office of Planning (OP) has developed a database to track completion of action items and coordinate with DC agencies, so that the goals of the plans and the vision of the neighborhood residents can be achieved. This information, which identifies the responsibilities of agencies and documents agency performance, is now available to the public. A preliminary report is presented below. The report lists hundreds of actions called for in the Comprehensive Plan and the completed and Council-approved small area plans. Access different portions of the report by selecting from the links below.
Information reported is based on updates received from agencies as of the third quarter of Fiscal Year 2008. Status categories include:
- Planning Stage = Project planning has been initiated by the lead or partner agency(ies)
- Planned = Project has been planned, but construction or implementation has not begun. A project in this stage may be waiting for approval of funding
- In Process = Work is under way
- Complete = Project is completed/implemented
- No Action = No activity has been reported yet or included in the database for this action
- Future = No funding or action yet. A project in this stage may be scheduled to begin at a later date
The Office of Planning will provide semi-annual reports on these action items. As new plans are completed and approved, the information will be added to the database to start tracking and monitoring of the action items.
For information, contact Jill Diskan, Citywide Planner, at (202) 442-7628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .