(Washington, DC) — The DC Office of Planning announced the launch of the first Amendment Cycle for the 2006 Comprehensive Plan (Comp Plan), the District's 20-year blueprint for the city. The 2006 Comp Plan, which was a major update, included over 600 action items and provided guidance on monitoring, evaluating and amending the Comp Plan. OP held a series of public informational meetings in April and May 2009. The meetings covered the following topics:
- Progress on Comp Plan Action Items;
- Timeline for the Amendment Cycle Process;
- Criteria for a Proposed Amendment; and
- Process for Submitting, Evaluating and Approving Proposed Amendments.
To view the presentation given at public meetings in April and May 2009, select the link below.
To view handouts distributed at the public meetings, select from the links below.
To submit proposed text and map amendments electronically, select from the links below.
OP has established Saturday and evening office hours for the public to ask questions and obtain technical assistance in developing an amendment proposal. Drop-in to OP's office at 2000 14th Street, NW, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20009 during the following times:
- Saturday, May 30, from 10 am - 12 pm
- Wednesday, June 10, from 6 pm - 8 pm
- Tuesday, June 16, from 6 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday, June 25, from 6 pm - 8 pm
For information on the Comp Plan Amendment Cycle, contact Jill Diskan of the DC Office of Planning at (202) 442-7628 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kimberly Driggins at (202) 442-7600 or email@example.com .