Attention all interested vendors and local education agency (LEA) leaders:
On August 24, 2010, the District of Columbia was awarded a Federal Race to the Top grant to enhance citywide education reform across four key areas:
- Adopting standards and assessments that prepare students to succeed in college and the workplace;
- Building data systems that measure student growth and success, and inform teachers and principals how to improve instruction;
- Recruiting, developing, rewarding, and retaining effective teachers and principals, especially where they are needed most; and
- Turning around the lowest-performing schools.
As part of the grant, LEAs will craft a four-year plan with specific activities related to the aforementioned goals. Further details of the District’s application found at the following link. To facilitate the LEAs’ planning, the Office of the State Superintendent of Education is hosting a vendor fair for any interested vendors to showcase their programs or products for any interested LEA participating in the Race to the Top grant program as they consider how to further focus and refine their work.
Date: October 27, 2010
Time: 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Location: Office of the State Superintendent of Education
810 First Street, NE
3rd Floor Conference Room
Washington, DC 20002
All vendors interested in providing services to local education agencies in the District of Columbia that support the following areas are encouraged to participate.
- Data collection, interpretation, and management
- Professional development for teachers and school leadership
- System for evaluation teachers and school administration
- Other services aligned to school effectiveness and the four assurances aligned to the District’s Race to the Top application
For vendor registration, please forward contact information, including a short description of the services of the vendor, to OSSE no later than October 20, 2010, to OSSE.RTTT@dc.gov with the subject “RTTT Vendor Fair.” Any questions should be sent to OSSE.RTTT@dc.gov or by calling 202.741.5941.